welcome

I am documenting my journey to discover my life's purpose.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

jericho

I just finished watching the short lived TV series, Jericho. I highly recommend watching the 29 episodes on Netflix streaming - I can't believe I didn't watch this show when it was on. The show is about what happens to the USA after nuclear bombs take out 23 major cities, killing over 10 million people and destroying most of the land. The series revolves around a fictional small town in Kansas, called Jericho, where the residents witness the mushroom cloud of the Denver, CO nuke and have to deal with the aftermath of these attacks.

Those who survived are forced to rebuild from scratch, finding food, energy and water and battling against enemies to protect what's left of their homes. At the core of this show is the notion that catastrophes can bring out the best or worst in people. When I watch stuff like this, I can't help but wonder how I would react in these types of situations. Would I be courageous and act with honesty and integrity or would I let my fear get the best of me and make the wrong choices? I'd like to think I would do the right thing, but I believe that we really don't know how we will react until we are faced with disaster.

When certain events change the course of life as we know it, many things just no longer matter. If I survive a nuclear attack or some other apocalyptic disaster in my lifetime, I will strive to become a leader so I can help rebuild society. In fact, I would say this is the only way that I could possibly become President.

I'm glad that I know what I want to be if/when the world ends. Maybe it will be later this year, on October 21st, the date of the rescheduled Rapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment