welcome

I am documenting my journey to discover my life's purpose.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

dog walker

I love my doggie. I love walking. I love walking my doggie. Maybe I should become a dog walker, or, owner of a dog walking business?

Dogs have a unique ability to brighten up people's lives. They are always happy, they are loyal and they always seem to bring perspective to things. If I am having a bad day, one look at my dog can wipe away any frustrations and remind me that life is too short to dwell on the displeasures of life.

This particular job would allow me to make my own schedule, enjoy the outdoors and will incorporate exercise into my work day - one of my "pros" of becoming a personal trainer. I would have the opportunity to learn more about different dog breeds and even hone my grooming and dog training skills. And, I currently live in NYC where dog walkers are in high demand.

Let it be known, I am currently lacking grooming skills and my dog training abilities leave something to be desired but I could work on those things. And, I should probably become more well versed on the different breeds and the differences in temperament. Also, I have never been very good about walking more than one dog at the same time - obviously a skill I will need to develop and refine. But, I think this is a pretty good possibility for me, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. I was a dog-walker for the day! (helped Gerry out) It was interesting, not sure if I'd want to make a career out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you would comment cause I knew Gerry runs his dog walking business. What does he think are the pros and cons?

    ReplyDelete