welcome

I am documenting my journey to discover my life's purpose.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

success

Everyone wants to be successful right? Well, maybe not everyone, but I do. But, I couldn't tell you why exactly but I think it is important. Maybe I only think I want to be successful? How do you tell the difference?

Sometimes I feel that other people can say things more eloquently than I so this post will affectionately be referred to as "a quote post" where I lean on the brilliance of others to enhance my own writing.
A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.
Albert Szent-Gyorgyi (1893 - 1986)

This quote makes me feel good because I am always prepared so perhaps primed for discovery as well? Discovery of my purpose?
To follow, without halt, one aim: There's the secret of success.
Anna Pavlova (1885 - 1931)
I agree. I want one singular driving passion - but if I don't have it now, is it likely to dawn on me in the future? I am afraid if I don't have it yet, I may never discover it...
Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.
Arthur Rubinstein (1886 - 1982)
Wow. OK, well if being successful means accepting life as it is, I could do that. I am trying to enjoy life each day. Maybe enjoying life is my life's purpose? Seems a little shallow...but perhaps the key to happiness?
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby (1937 - )
I often feel the need to please people and I also often act on it. I need to continue to live for myself first and then for others and recognize life isn't ab
The person who makes a success of living is the one who see his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)
I want to be a success at living. I need to work on living better.

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)
What is my own way?

No comments:

Post a Comment