welcome

I am documenting my journey to discover my life's purpose.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

wedding planner

Disclaimer: I am currently planning my own wedding, which could be influencing my thoughts about being a wedding planner. Although I am in the midst of a wedding planning hiatus and do need to kick it back into gear soon.

I am a planner by nature. I love planning parties and projects. I love writing up To-Do lists for my day and checking things off as I complete them. I think I would be a good wedding planner. My own wedding planning has gone relatively well so far if that is any indication of my skills.

Working weekends, holidays and nights might get old. That said, I would have a more flexible schedule, which is appealing. I would witness the grandest expression of love over and over again. On the other hand, I would also be a slave to bride after bride and it would only be a matter of time before a bridezilla crossed my path. But, I would be helping so many people realize their dreams of a beautiful wedding and I would meet people from all walks of life.

I stumbled upon this Should You Be a Wedding Planner? Quiz.

My Result was: It looks like you would be satisfied with a career as a wedding planner.

That's all this quiz gave me. It's super short but not sure its worth your time.

Anyway, I could start my own wedding planner business and that would satisfy my other urge of being my own boss and starting my own business. I can usually remain pretty calm in stressful situations and jump into action when necessary. I have solid negotiation skills and the ability to the make the "impossible" possible. I'm organized, detailed-oriented, budget-conscious and feel that I am a good listener and have a way of understanding and relating to people.

On the flip side, I don't have a great sense of fashion. And, I don't really know much about flowers, dress designers or wedding cake but I could learn. I can also see myself getting sick of brides after a while, is that bad?

If I am destined to enjoy many careers/jobs in my life, perhaps this will be one along my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment