welcome

I am documenting my journey to discover my life's purpose.

Monday, November 14, 2011

the flower, step 4 & 5

Steps 4 & 5 feel a bit like housekeeping.  Things they have to ask but which are fairly obvious so you can zip through them pretty quickly.  I'll keep this short and sweet.


Step 4. What Level (of Responsibility) do you most enjoy working at, and at what Salary?
  • Level: Head of a team and eventually the boss or CEO
    • OTHER OPTIONS for those who are curious
      • Manager or someone under the boss who carries out the orders
      • A member of a team of equals
      • One who works in tandem with one other partner
      • One who works alone, either as an employee or a consultant or as a one-person business
  • Salary: Without getting too personal, 5-6 figures. I wrote some specific numbers in my book but didn't think it wise to share specifics online.

My favorite part of step 4 is listing out the 'Other Rewards' from your job besides money - here were mine:
  • Challenge
  • Intellectual Stimulation
  • Helping Others
  • Exercising Leadership
  • Lots of paid time off! :-)
Step 5. What Geographic Factors are most important to you and in what places to you think you would do your best work?  Basically, where do you want to live?

This one is easy. I have to be on a coast - east or west. New York City and/or California

The next two steps are pretty intense so I'm keeping this post intentionally light - get ready for some exciting insights!

No comments:

Post a Comment